INSTRUCTIONS FOR MONITORING YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE AT HOME OVER 7 DAYS
- Please sit down for 5 minutes before taking your blood pressure (BP).
- Take your BP every morning and evening and each time measure your BP twice, leaving at least a minute between each reading.
- Write down every BP reading – there should be 28 readings in total.
- To get an idea of what your “real BP” is, discount the readings from day 1 and average the readings from all the BP recordings you have taken on Days 2 – 8.
- Alternatively, pass your readings to your GP or nurse who will work out the average BP for you.
- Return the readings and the BP machine to the reception desk
- A member of staff will contact you about your results.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW DETAILING YOUR 7 DAY BLOOD PRESSURE READINGS: