Your GP Practice will invite you for your NHS Health Check if you are eligible. If you haven’t been invited but would like to have an NHS Health Check contact your GP Practice to find out if you qualify for one.
If you have one of the conditions listed below we you will not be invited as you should already be monitored every year.
- chronic kidney disease
- atrial fibrillation
- transient ischaemic attack
- A high risk of getting cardiovascular disease over the next 10 years identified at previous checks
- high blood pressure (hypertension)
- inherited cholesterol (familial hypercholesteromia)
- currently being prescribed statins to lower cholesterol
- peripheral arterial disease
- heart failure / heart disease
If you’re in the 40 to 74 age group without a pre-existing condition, you should receive a letter from your GP surgery or local council inviting you for a free NHS Health Check every 5 years. You can also call your GP surgery to book a Health Check.